[garbage] RE: [trash-talk] I may be a pest pointing this out... BUT

Frank T. Rambøl frank at d-fect.com
Sat May 7 12:51:48 PDT 2005

The laws differ from country to country, but there are now work going on to
change that.

Here in Norway it is at the moment legal to download mp3s and movies. It is
also legal to make copies and give them to family and close friends. What's
not legal is to share them on P2P-networks, sell copies and stuff like that.

The EU has this directive called InfoSoc that all countries in the EU will
have to base new laws on. This means that downloading also will be illegal.
In fact it looks like it will be illegal to copy a CD you have bought to
your own mp3-player if the CD has copy protection. At least there is a big
discussion about that here at present.

But for now we here in Norway can download and nobody can do much about it.
If it is right or wrong towards the artists, now that's a different tune.

- Frank

  _____