[trash-talk] Forestglade-final European date and spitting attack

JesslMaul@aol.com JesslMaul at aol.com
Mon Jul 18 15:20:08 PDT 2005

hi trashers!

A highly memorable concert in garbage history (and I have seen some). I think
I will ever remember this!!!!
Wiesen in Austria, July 16th, a cool venue, no big open air with a very good
atmosphere...

First: The band was looking forward to have a week off...so they felt quite
easy...playing energetic and electrifying. Steve just played his arse off. I
have never seen him that emotional and being into it. Stevo, our rock god
forever.
Second: Shirl in the talking mood, sharing experienbce with us talking about
the different European gigs ending with the quotation that people are all over
the same and respond in the same way. Hitting on governments and their
wrongly directed politics.
Third: Shirl sharing childhood rememberings: Starting with a kind of rap
about equality (I think it started like that) turning to "The Sound of Music"
performing a capella a small part of the following tune (the part in bold letters)

Artist: Maria and the Captain Lyrics
Song: Something Good Lyrics

[Maria:]
Perhaps I had a wicked childhood
Perhaps I had a miserable youth
But somwhere in my wicked, miserable past
There must have been a moment of truth

For here you are, standing there, loving me
Whether or not you should
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good

Nothing comes from nothing
Nothing ever could
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good

[Captain:]
For here you are, standing there, loving me
Whether or not you should

[Maria:]
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good

[Maria and the Captain:]
Nothing comes from nothing
Nothing ever could

[Maria:]
So somewhere in my youth
[Captain:]
Or childhood
[Maria:]
I must have done something . . .
[Maria and the Captain:]
Something good

So far so good, lets turn to
Fourth: The spitting incident...or have you ever seen a raging Shirl without
limits. We did.
It happened after ITIP: Shirl finished the track and suddenly turned to the
audience: Some guy spat on her during the song. She freaked out, litterally.
Starting with "Me and my crew will come, find you and separate you etc...you
motherfucking bastard". After tracking the guy following with "Did you fucking
spat on me, motherfucker?". The guy was thrown out "and may god's love be with
you, motherfucker! Shirl raging around."Do not ever fucking spit on my own
fucking stage"...getting more control  saying "I can't tolerate people spitting
gob on me!".
She was close to tears and in such a rage...she really felt insulted and lost
control, totally...
To understand: I mean, how awful she must have felt! The rage took around 5
minutes....with 80% fucking vocabulary:-) Finally, she made her temper
responsible...lol.
The audience first did not understand what was the rage about...just, as she
dind't stop. That was really awful: on one hand experiencing such a insulting
attack and on the other watch Shirl in such a disgusting situation.
To finalize, Shirl calmed down, after some Whisky she asked Duke to play some
mellow tune. So, they ended up with "Thirteen".
Sadly enough, the good mood the band was in first vanished. But luckily was
built up later on again.
Ah what a concert...the band played more or less a 90 minutes set. We caught
them after the concert but they weren't in the mood to sign. Shirl did some
signing but more or less because she had to.

Here the complete setlist:
Queer
Bad Boyfriend
Not my idea
Sex is not the enemy
Why do you love me
Hammering
Cherry Lips
When I grow up
Vow
Hip Hop interlude/Sound of Music excerpt
Paranoid
The spitting attack....
Thirteen
Run Baby Run
Metal heart
Push it
Only happy...
Encores:
Bleed like me
Special
Right between the eyes

For those who understand German turn to the website to FM4, they still play
highlights from the festival and there is a live stream.

http://fm4.orf.at/gerlinde/201902/main

I hope, that concerts turns up some later date for downloading.

That's for tonight!

xxx
crushgirl