[trash-talk] NGR

Pilar Shepard peshep at cox.net
Sun Aug 28 19:39:47 PDT 2005

Wow - who would have thought that a request for donations to send
skittles and phone cards to young men and women would create such a
stir?!

Why this sudden urge to say "sieg heil"

The average man/woman joining up these days spent their formative
years ducking bullets in "da 'hood" and resisting the peer pressure
to do/sell drugs or join a gang.  They have the simple desire to make
a better life for themselves, and some even believe in the dream of
freedom.

As for standing up for something?  I think they are too busy building
schools that little girls can finally attend.  They are repairing
bridges and buildings, and trying to keep the lights on and the water
running.

As for the Iraqi people hating Americans?  Well - they might...but
the insurgents are doing what they are doing because they HATE the
Shiites.  Yup - Sunnis hate Shiites.  How else do you think a
minority group could rule so effectively under Sadaam?  Think of the
Tutsis and the Hutus.

And the latest quote from Hamas?  Death to Israel.

So, I guess I might join the bounced crowd, but I'm kinda thinking
that getting bounced from this list will be like getting kicked out
of the John Birch Society, or being asked to turn in my white sheet
to the Grand Dragon of the KKK.

I'd rather be on the outside looking in, if belonging means I can't
respectfully voice my opinion.

Let Freedom Ring!