[trash-talk] foockin' money makin'

Mark Perry msp0 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 04:57:57 PDT 2005

I think this sort of thing is totally out of order. Shell works for a
living. He does his best in trying circumstances by the sound of it,
and
if you have a problem with the content on g.com, complain to the
management.

He and Sirin are great people and they don't need these sort of attacks
in public.

I'm a paid up member and I'm happy I've got access to pre-sale tickets.
Anything else is purely icing on the cake IMHO.

cheers,
mark

--- Slava <deadwood at inbox.ru> wrote:

> What you fighting for?
> For pictures? No need...
> Fans are pretty happy with sites like Garbage box (check out Tourbox
> if
> it's all about pictures for you) or garbagedisco.
> There's (and always was) 'by the fans for the fans' stuff already,
> but
> you're working for this 'milking money' machine. And we can see the
> results of this work...
>
> Current garbage.com is REALLY shameful, not a 'naive slap' from Matt.
>
> "nobody else will"... megalomania?..
>

> Slava
>

> Shell Bryson wrote:
> > You have no idea how hard we all work here to try and deliver
> ANYTHING for
> > the fans. It's a constant battle with the label and management to
> get a damn
> > thing for the fans. We have to struggle for even the most simple
> things, and
> > it takes MONTHS to get anything at all to happen. Have you any clue
> at all
> > the pitch battles that take place to get even simple competitions
> to happen?
> >
> > The problem is you see, to a *label* a web site is just another
> commercial
> > tool. It's there to make money and to promote the band. It's got
> nothing to
> > do with fans, other than milking money from them. Luckily, in the
> case of
> > Garbage, there are a few dedicated fans involved trying to make
> sure that at
> > least some things happen that are not driven by making money.
> >
> > Sirin and I have worked really hard for the best part of 5 years on
> fan
> > things, and for what? We've been really lucky in this last year or
> so to be
> > asked to be involved in the commericial aspects of garbage.com,
> which has
> > given us the oportunity to go to events like Jane to shoot pictures
> FOR
> > fans.
> >
> > So, ashamed? No. You might be bitter, but a few of us are still out
> there
> > trying to fight for something better for fans. If that means we
> have to sit
> > on the labels side of the fense from time to time, so be it.
> >
> > Frankly, a naïve slap in the face like that from you Matt is
> shameful.
> >
> > Meanwhile, we'll keep doing everything we can, and we WILL be at
> every
> > Garbage event we can possibly get to so that we can have something
> for the
> > fansite - because if we don’t, nobody else will.
> >
> > s.

"And there is magic now, under blood red trees,
 All the sky will scream a mystery
 And if we're strangers here, from the day we are born
 Why be afraid of freedom if it is yours?"
- Truly, Delerium
 icq: 12297532 aim: markms p0