[Trash-talk] Re: Shirley at Halloween

Pilar peshep at cox.net
Tue Nov 9 13:07:44 PST 2004

on 11/9/04 12:00 PM, trash-talk-request at tcp.com at
trash-talk-request at tcp.com wrote:

> p.s. I have just been prescribed anti-depressants for the first time in
> my life. Does anyone have any experience they can share with me about
> these things? I think I am doing the right thing, as life is so
> miserable at the moment, but it's a tiny bit scary for me. thanks.

I have been on prozac for the past 5 months, and I am glad that I decided to
give it a try.  I really think it has given my body/brain the break it
needed to get back in balance.  I don't feel any side effects from the meds,
and I don't feel like I'm taking a "happy" pill.  I do feel like I'm really
getting some sleep when I wake up in the morning (instead of still tired)
and that I can manage my stress again.  It takes about 3 weeks to take full
effect, so don't freak out if you don't feel an immediate change.  Good
luck!

Pilar