[Trash-talk] Re: Curve

bathtub gin garbagebase at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 14:33:12 PST 2004

Well I wouldn't have a problem with a statement that Garbage copied
Curve, that they were influenced by Curve, that they incorporate
elements of Curve's sound, that they borrowed from Curve, etc...

I just don't like the phrase "rip off" applied to something that by
definition cannot be owned. To me, it makes them sound like babies,
"they ripped us off, boo hoo hoo..."

Imitation, after all, is often called the highest form of flattery.

> As for bathtub gin's comment "It's not like anyone can "own" a sound,
> so in that sense there was nothing to rip off.  I like Curve but this
> Garbage-ripped-us-off business is just plain lame and
unprofessional."

> Sorry to say this but G did rip off Curve and have almost admitted it
> a  few times :) Doesn't matter that much though as Butch Vig and Alan

> Moulder (the "third" member of the Curve partnership in TODAL studios
> -  Toni-Dean-Alan get it? - and Toni's husband) are good friends from

> working together over the years. At one point Butch was even being
> lined up to produce a Curve LP, or so I'm told.

=====
Electronic Voting Machines are Bad News!!!

http://www.blackboxvoting.org

http://www.democracynow.org