[Trash-talk] Re: Curve

Mark msp0 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 14:58:02 PST 2004

Hi,

It's really easy to deal with these sort of things ... just put the
show on the other foot. How about: "Curve ripped off Jesus Jones"??!!

Let's not stop there: Trent Reznor ripped off DAF! (One for the older
members of the list!) ... it's endless.

What matters is the intent. Garbage are talented musicians, who have
shown many different styles on their records.

Just for the record: I have all the Curve albums. I do like them a lot,
although they do seem to find it hard to deviate from a particular
style at times. But when they get it right, it's awesome. I'd love to
see them live, and I'd love for Dean to play bass on a Garbage record!

These sort of accusations are often made by the music press, and often
if you go back through what was said, they contradict themselves over
time, so that the first album was "fresh, innovative, immaculate", but
when the second album comes out, then the first album was "tired,
derivative, overproduced" etc. etc.

I also predict this is another one of my posts that won't be replied
to! ;-)

cheers,
mark