[Trash-talk] Re: Curve

Ian Abbott iabbott at ruiner.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 20:45:40 PST 2004

Well it won't be Come Clean then! That album came out in 1997,
tracklisting: Chinese Burn, Coming Up Roses, Something Familiar, Dog
Bone, Alligators Getting Up, Dirty High, Killer Baby, Sweetback,
Forgotten Sanity, Cotton Candy, Beyond Reach, Come Clean, Recovery.
(Universal/Estupendo UMD80475).

Since then we've had three more albums "Open Day At The Hate Fest",
"Gift" and "The New Adventures of Curve". The former and latter were
only available directly from the band-designed-and-run website
http://www.curve.co.uk/ (check that out for other works by Toni & Dean)

What is coming out shortly on Universal is "The Way Of Curve"
compilation (http://www.curve.co.uk/compilation.htm) featuring 33
selected tracks spanning 13 years of recording.

As for bathtub gin's comment "It's not like anyone can "own" a sound,
so in that sense there was nothing to rip off.  I like Curve but this
Garbage-ripped-us-off business is just plain lame and unprofessional."

Sorry to say this but G did rip off Curve and have almost admitted it a
few times :) Doesn't matter that much though as Butch Vig and Alan
Moulder (the "third" member of the Curve partnership in TODAL studios -
Toni-Dean-Alan get it? - and Toni's husband) are good friends from
working together over the years. At one point Butch was even being
lined up to produce a Curve LP, or so I'm told.

Anyway, nice to see interest in Curve picking up again. Heck, I only
started listening to Garbage because they reminded me of Curve, and I'm
not the only one...

Ian