[Trash-talk] Re: Trash-talk Digest, Vol 14, Issue 16

Silent G si1entg at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 19:34:36 PST 2004

Hi G-fans.. yeah I know I haven't posted in ages, but
I had to speak up about this topic. It has been
bothering me for while now as I sit here waiting for
the new Garbage album. I'm actually really scared...

 I'm just wondering... why does Garbage, a band made
up of producers, needs an outside producer in another
part of the country to "produce" their new album?

 What happened to the Garbage that made their own
style of music? That is what sets them apart from all
the others.... I love them cause they "used to" do
their own thing. I've seen this happen with bands that
feel they can't keep up with all those fake, media
trendy, pop bands that have a song playing constantly
on every radio station litterly till you can't stand
hearing it anymore!! Arrrghh!!!
 So the band will hire some "outside guy" to tell them
"ok, this is what you are doing wrong and this is what
you need to do." Then when the die-hard fans finally
get the long anticipated new album you listen to it
and go "wtf?? this doesn't even sound like the same
band!!" Yet when you see them live they really are the
band you love, but the album has no strong connection
their their real talent.
  I really hope I'm wrong about this, but I just lost
a band I had loved for years to this very same
situation. (read my story in the p.s.) They sold their
soul just cause "some guy" thought it was the right
move...sigh
I say Garbage should just keep doing own thing...but
when it comes down to it..its all about the money.
Sad..sad news...

-Silent_G

P.S.  This is the band that sold their soul..btw
"the end of upstairs..." by Silent_G
I can't believe I heard him say: "You already got the
door money, so just blow off the last set and go home
early..."
Yeah, your band has great potential there... Maybe now
that you spilt up you'll finally see... Now that the
album you thought was gonna be "Huge" was really a
huge flop... because you spent all the money you made
opening for "Michelle Branch in Central Park" on an
outside producer... What money?? Oh right, you should
have won that contest, but no they wanted a "fake"
girl they could make another pop monster out of... It
was fixed...that girl that won, she lip sang on top of
her own recording...Where's the talent in that??..oh
wait that's what the masses want to hear... So now
they no longer have to listen to some guy in another
state tell them "this is what you need to do to make
your band great..." Some guy who has never even seen
them live. I never understood, but I guess you just
wanted to be popualar...I loved your band the way it
was before.
=(

Please don't do this to Garbage too!!!

http://groups.msn.com/beautifulgarbage/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=1498