[Trash-talk] new record - butch?!

Alan Hoppe scully_itsme at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 17:07:37 PST 2004

i was thinking about that very same thing just last night. my friend ruthie
likes to go to my msn community and stir up trouble. so he said 'what with
all these guest artists, that's a bad sign - the new album will probably
suck!' (he loves to torment me)

anyway, my reply was here
and it touches on this butch topic
and i think he's drinking beer

http://groups.msn.com/beautifulgarbage/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=1498

<snip> .. On the last album, Matt Chamberlain provided drums for several
tracks. This was something that came about more for creative reasons, not
because Butch ran out of drumming ideas - and in the end, a different
drumming style appeared to work better for those tracks. At least, that's
what I've heard someplace. Probably one of those silly interviews. On this
album, it could be the same sort of situation. They've had two drummers come
in now - Matt C. apparently came back and worked with them, and Dave Grohl.
And with regard to the bass playing that's been provided, that was going to
happen no matter what - because Daniel Shulman, the band's bassist, is no
longer with the band.

I think Butch Vig likes it when other drummers play on tracks. And drumming
isn't the only thing he's doing in the grand scheme of things. He's also
drinking beer!

WOOPS - I mean doing production and stuff. I mean .. he might be drinking
beer. I have heard that the members of Garbage occasionally party down.

If anything, the biggest difference with this album is that they're working
with an outside producer. Normally this was done by the band members
themselves. For Shirley, it means being surrounded by one more studio nerd.
And for her bandmates, it's like ... dude ... another dude!

<snip>

-Alan-
http://groups.msn.com/beautifulgarbage
celebrating four years of garbage love and beauty