[Trash-talk] BUSH ENDORSES U.S. JOBS MOVING OVERSEAS

wilson king garbagebase at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 12:09:20 PST 2004

BUSH ENDORSES U.S. JOBS MOVING OVERSEAS

On Labor Day, President Bush said, "I want people to understand that
when somebody wants to work and can't find a job, it says we've got a
problem in America that we're going to deal with. We want everybody in
this country working." But yesterday, President Bush directly
contradicted himself, releasing a report which "supports the shift of
U.S. jobs overseas." When asked about the report and how it contradicts
the president's supposed concern about job losses, the president's top
economic adviser said, "Outsourcing is just a new way of doing
international trade."

With more than two million jobs lost since President Bush took office,
newspaper headlines across the country told readers of the White
House's new support for the practice of wealthy corporations
eliminating U.S. jobs and shipping them to lower-wage countries. The
Seattle Times headline read, "Bush report: Sending jobs overseas helps
U.S." The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette said, "Bush Economic Report Praises
'Outsourcing' Jobs" and the Arizona Republic said, "Bush Report Lauds
'Outsourcing' Jobs."

And while this may be troubling to the millions in the United States
who are out of work and suffering from stagnating wages, it was
celebrated in India, where thousands of good paying, white-collar U.S.
jobs have moved. The headlines in India read, "Bush Aides: Outsourcing
win-win for India." The story said the Administration believes
exporting jobs to India and other lower-wage countries "is a win-win
for both exporter and importer" - failing to explain how this is a win
for American workers who the president just months ago purported to
care about.

Visit Misleader.org for more about Bush Administration distortion. -->
< http://daily.misleader.org/ >

=====
http://www.moveon.org
http://www.democracynow.org