[Trash-talk] OT/NGR: Why I don't want to visit USA, ever, any more

mruci livegarbage at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 15:53:24 PST 2004

--- wilson king <garbagebase at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I find nothing un-American or racist about this
> thread.

I certainly did, but he apologized so its okay.

> Americans do live a state of perpetual fear these
> days, as illustrated
> by Michael Moore in Bowling for Columbine, and
> referenced by Frank's
> recent post.

I agree with this.  The average American shouldn't
have to be scared, but we are because our government
intelligence agency is so bad at doing their job.

> The "War on terrorism" is as much of a farce as the
> "war on drugs" here
> in America... what these policies do is nothing
> short of stripping
> normal citizens of many of their (our!) basic rights
> and civil
> liberties.  And incarcerates those who do not fit
> the mold.  And leaves
> regular citizens living in fear of being arrested
> for excercizing the
> constitutional right to gather and to protest...

What?  Plenty of people protest.  What are you doing
right now? :D

> This new US VISIT policy looks to be another step
> towards alienating
> the rest of the world, even moreso than already is
> the case.  Just look
> at how much rage there was in the streets of London
> when Shrub (I mean
> Bush) was there a few months back... the world is
> outraged by this man,
> and I hope and pray that my fellow citizens will do
> the right thing and
> vote him OUT this November.

This new policy is kinda pointless, any real terrorist
is already here or can easily cross our completely
unprotected borders with Mexico or Canada.

> It's also kind of sad that people in other
> countries, like Poland, seem
> to have a better understanding of what is happening
> here in the US then
> many Americans..... like when Homer Simpson picks up
> the USA Today and
> the big headline is simply "Everything is OK!"  yeah
> right....

Ignorance is international.

> Bush is evil. The Bush administration is evil.

No he's not.  Evil is a very strong word.  Murderers,
rapists and child molesters are evil.  You may
disagree with his policies (like I definitely do), but
he is not "evil".

When this kind of hyperbole is thrown around so
lightly, no one will take it seriously.  In fact I
think it does the movement to un-elect Bush a
disservice.  The silent majority of voters out there
are centrists (like myself) don't take that kind of
partisan rhetoric seriously and are turned off by such
left-wing radicals such as the moveon.org and Michael
Moore crowd that compare Bush to Hitler.  That big
greaseball Michael Moore is a national joke now.  If
you want to make sure Bush gets re-elected, keep
calling him "evil", "tyrannical", "illegal", "stupid",
"AWOL", etc etc.  Don't believe me?  Just look at
Howard Dean's flaming spiral to oblivion.  All he did
was bash Bush with hate speech, rather than offer his
own positive ideas for change.  And guess what, the
majority of centrist voters voted against him.
Moveon.org needs to take their own advice and move on,
Florida recounts and deciding to go into Iraq are
over.  If you really want to see hopefully John
Edwards (or Kerry) elected and Bush disposed of this
fall like I do, ease up on the wacky radical rhetoric.
 Stick with the facts and look forward.  Bush's bad
policies on stem-cell research, taxes, health care,
business and trade agreements, the environment,
illegal immigration, homeland insecurity, etc speak
for themselves.  In fact, the war on terrorism is the
only thing he's done right (IMHO), and history will
show Iraq was a good move too.  He is not "evil".
Just a word of advice to those who truly want change.

PS. Of course unfortunately none of this will matter.
Osama Bin Laden will magically be found or killed next
Aug/Sept, and Bush will be re-elected.  And if you
think it's bad now, wait until he's a lame duck
president and his only voice of reason, Colin Powel,
doesn't continue to serve the 2nd term.

=====