SV: [Trash-talk] OT: Why I don't want to visit USA, ever, any more

Frank T. Rambøl frank at d-fect.com
Wed Feb 4 19:16:53 PST 2004

I like the fact that Brazil actually did the same to visitors from USA.
They all got stopped on the border, taken pictures of and fingerprinted.

United States has long ago done more to control their own people and
alienate others than the people behind 9-11 could ever have wished for.
And seems like people in the US don't mind all the surveilance, so Big
Brother is there *NOW*

The bad thing about this is that they do stuff without thinking it
through so the results get rather funny.
Like the fact that passenger control on airplanes were really tightened
up, with more securitycontrols, not allowing nail files on planes and
stuff like that. What they did not do though is starting to control
goods on airplanes. So air freight that was sent with ordinary passenger
planes were not checked. One guy actually sent himself as freight.

Hmmm... Wonder if somebody could maybe send a bomb as air freight?
Nahhh... They probably would not know how to use an altimeter.

I think Michael Moore is right in Bowling for Columbine when he, and
Marilyn Manson, says that americans are a frightened people. They are
kept in control by fear.

Just my $0.02.

- Frank