[Trash-talk] Enjoy the Silence?

Mark msp0 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 17:21:01 PDT 2004

Hi All,

Better later than never? :-) Work has been intense this last week, so
here I go finally ...

--- xshirleyxvixenx *~* <shirleyvixen at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Your name, age, job, status, whatever. If
> you've got kids.

I'm Mark, I'm 37 and I live in Melbourne, in the southern part of
Australia.

I work for a US technology company, as a technical software
architect/consultant. I change my job title virtually every year ...
this year I'm an "Identity Architect", meaning a do a lot of work with
LDAP-based directory servers, identity management, etc. I do a fair
amount of travel in my job, which is sometimes fun and exciting, and
sometimes terribly lonely and depressing, often within the same trip!

Status? Just hanging in there some days .. like everyone else I guess
;-) If it means am I taken, then yes, happily married :-)

I have two kids. Both are boys and ages are 8 and 6, so we have a great
time playing sport, playstation, etc. At the moment, they share my love
of late '70s early '80s electronica, which is also fun ... their
favourite album is the first OMD! They know Shirley by sight, but
aren't fans of G's music ... yet ;-)

I joined the list in mid-to-late 1997 after I found some info about it
during a random G search ... I was working at the time at a little
company called Netscape, so I was online every working day for the
first time.

What else? I love black & white photography, although I don't get
nearly enough time to work in the darkroom these days. The pink album
is my favourite. I've met several trashers in my travels. I'll be in
Shanghai in June ... any trashers there? :-)

have fun ...

cheers,
mark