[Trash-talk] Re: i've never seen these photos before..

Ian Abbott iabbott at ruiner.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 22 01:39:49 PST 2003

Tell me about it. At least there seems to be a level of normality on this
list due to the lack of promotion. The Garbage.com board system is full of
nutcases because it's easier to get onto and harass people. Luckily it seems
that system will soon be taken down as Interscope and UMG rationalise their
Internet presences. Whatever happens, please - and this goes out to everyone
here - don't propagate any contact details you may have obtained from the
roxyerickson.com website to any of those board members.

As I've already stated, this is a professional work website. It would also
be unfair to bombard anyone with personal queries because of famous
relatives. I would not e-mail on a whim unless I had a specific reason to -
such as I wanted to employ her for photographic sessions. (However, as I'm
an ugly bugger, the chances of that happening are very remote, and I have
very little money as well.) Even though I've met the band many times over
these years, I still don't really consider myself as a 'friend' (more of a
tolerated acquaintance) and I would never e-mail any one of them, even if I
had their e-mail addresses, let alone consider e-mailing their family
members. If I ever did make it onto their Christmas card lists (oh look a
flying pig goes past the devil on skis), you would be rest assured that I
wouldn't be posting on here. As it is, I only lurk these days... Too busy
with my own life these days to worry about all of this.

This is one of the primary dangers of the Internet it seems - once you are
out there you become for all intents and purposes public domain, and with
the power of search engines such as Google, it is becoming increasingly
difficult to maintain privacy, particularly now that Google have 20 years of
postings on Usenet online. The other day I did a search for myself and found
University e-mails from 1994 lurking on there. All very worrying and a great
time for mad stalkers.

How did people find this site anyway? Google? Randomly? Word of mouth?
Let me know before I go back to lurking.

Ian

on 21/3/03 8:24 pm, Anette *Starvin Marvin* at bowdowntoanette at hotmail.com