[Trash-talk] abandoned pools opinion on Garbage and their audience

Susan Senn kanuz at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 23:57:57 PDT 2003

>still.  tommy has totally replaced the members of that band about three
>times since the garbage tour.  i guess all of us who fell madly in love
>with leah have yet another reason not to bother seeing them live again :P

I think this is really funny because I saw AP in Chicago when they opened
for G and I turned to my brother and said "This is my prediction for the
band.  Leah gets a lot of attention and Tommy doesn't.  I bet he'll get
jealous of theat and boot her out." HA!  damn I'm good.

Point 1:  Tommy was the bassist for The Eels, right?  He probably misses
that attention of being in a popular band.  Even in the Remedy video my
friends that had seen it said that girl is really cool and didn't even
notice Tommy.  Tommy lacks star power.  I think he's talented, but he seems
to lack that charisma...maybe it's because he's an ass in interviews.  oops
did I type that.  I just took that Milli Vanilli crack a little harsh, I
guess.

Point 2:  Saying Garbage fans aren't music fans pisses me off.  If anything
Garbage made me way more of a music fan.  Because Garbage incorporates so
many genres into their music I've explored more genres then the alternative
that I was stuck in in the early nineties.  It's because of Garbage that I
picked up a guitar and got so insanely involved in music.  That's a very
broad generalization, and in my opinion, very inaccurate.  It was low of him
to attack fans, especially when a lot of them became fans of AP.  The irony
I find is that when I've talked to people who went to that tour they all
tend to say that they liked AP live but thought their (his) album was too
mellow and dull. Bah!...now I'm cranky.

Well this not real music fan needs to get to bed early because she has to
drive to Madison after work to cover a Buzzcocks show....but I probably
won't appreciate it :p

Susan