[Trash-talk] abandoned pools opinion on Garbage and their audience

gini x astarle at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 07:06:42 PDT 2003

Hi!
I'm Gini... I've been on the list for a while now, but I never post because I'm usually feeling either lazy or don't know what to say... :)  I felt a need to comment on the Abandoned Pools interview though because I was at the Bronco Bowl show mentioned.  They made the technical problems sound FAR worse than they were.  I remember three delays during that show - 2 technical and 1 because Shirley ripped her trousers! :P   I've been to other shows at the Bronco Bowl and they had a weird amount of technical problems, too - I'm not saying this to be overly defensive of Garbage - I just don't think they were portraying them fairly!  He said the "tape" was skipping at the beginning of that song... uhmm, I don't remember it "skipping" - I remember it sounding like the sample used on the album (if I'm wrong though, please correct me!).  "It was like a total Milli Vanilli moment." <<THAT pissed me off too - terribly unfair analogy because it's not like Shirley wasn't actually singing.  I can't believe how insulting they were towards Garbage AND the fans.  grrr... Someone needs to deflate their bloated egos!

~Gini x
http://www.giniart.com