[Trash-talk] s u p e r v i x e n

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 29 04:45:01 PDT 2003

Funny you'd mention the 'concept album'. I thought that might be what they'd
do for Album Three, when they were originally describing it as being
'progressive rock'. I thought 'oooooh - a concept album!' Who knew it would
end up being 21st Century Pop? But yeah - I can't remember where I read that
'prog rock' statement early on. And now they're being totally to themselves
thus far (which is cool! i think, anyway. maybe they're keeping to
themselves like inventive little bees, perhaps making a concept album!)

The band has lots of little things about them that fall right in line with
such a notion. They love to have a hand in every little detail (like
packaging of b-sides and overall album art) and their albums flow from song
to song really well. Each album has a definate feel to it as a whole. Though
at first listen BG sounded like a b-sides album :)

Sorry I'm rambling............
-Alan-