[Trash-talk] Naval Rings and Garbage

Renee "Danger" Fernandez renee@newinfection.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 23:30:59 -0600

Yeah it was much fun. Lauren was such a trooper too, i could see it in her
eyes how freaked she was but she was SO brave!! i'm so proud of her! i don't
think i've ever sucked it up and gone through with something i was THAT
scared of.

My bf's band was playing with Ten Foot Pole (i dont know if anyone on here
listens to them. they're pretty big and established in the underground/punk
scene) and the singer's brother/merch guy was getting a tattoo downstairs
from the piercing parlour of the cover of their Rev album...

the rest of the evening was .. well .. interesting. haha. it was actually
pretty akward for me but in a really entertaining way sooo.. yeah. hahaha.
lots of people just kind of crawled out of the woodwork for that show so
every few minutes i was just like "whaaa??? why are THEY here???" but yeah.
haha.

renee

----- Original Message -----
From: "Merka, Lauren" <Lauren.Merka@trinity.edu>
To: <trash-talk@tcp.com>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 9:40 AM
Subject: [Trash-talk] Naval Rings and Garbage

> I bet you never thought you'd see those words together in the same
phrase!!! Renee and I had a mini Texas Trasher Bunny reunion in Austin
Wednesday night, along with the TTB's and Pat's! new No Doubt girlie friend
Brittany. So for years i've always wanted to get my belly button pierced but
I've always just been too damn scared. So last night the 3 of us were going
to Emo's where Renee's boyfriend's band was playing, which happened to be
right next to a piercing place! We'd been planning on getting it done that
night sicne I'd wimped out last time, plus i had just spent $80 on Garbage
stuff so I really didn't have much money left! I knew I'd never be able to
do it sober so we sat outside while i drank vodka and fruit punch to calm my
ass down!!!
> FINALLY I was ready! We went in and the dude told us only 1 other person
could come in with me so Renee came with me!!! I was laying in the chair and
I was so super nervous. She was holding both of my hands and I needed a
distraction so I was like "quick name a Garbage song that I can sing!!!" Her
response was "Oh ah ah ah oooooh!!!"
> -Me "What are you doing to me?!?! Just pick one!!"
> -Renee -"Aughh i'm trying to think of a good fun one!!"
> -Me "YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!! JUST PICK ONE!!"
> -Renee "Ok ok Get Busy With the Fizzy!"
>
> So I proceed to sing that one, Renee stepping in to harmonize, but I
finish before the guy is ready to pierce so I do the whole first part of
Shut Your Mouth in .2 seconds. That's when the dude said it would probably
be best if she just talked to me so my stomach would stop moving around. So
Renee kept me entertained by talking about Garbage!!!!!!!!!!!
> I don't care what they say it hurts when you get anything pierced, and
this was no exception. We went out and Brittany was askign how it went and I
was like "Renee kept me calm by talking about Garbage!!!" and she was like
"well it's a good thing I didn't go in b/c I wouldn't have been able to do
that!" So in the end I didn't bleed, and it was only red for like 3 minutes
afterwards. It's not swollen or nasty now, so everything's great!!!