[Trash-talk] KIAB was fun whoo-hoo!

VR5SBloom@aol.com VR5SBloom@aol.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 02:02:06 EST

Hey all, I just got back my electricity after not having it for 24 hours.
Brr! 1/3 of my review is done, and I still have to figure out somewhere to
upload my pictures. They take up a little less than a meg, shouldn't be too
hard.

Erik did the setlist, so this should tide you over!

Partial soundcheck setlist:
Rock 'N' Roll BV drums only
You Shook Me All Night Long (AC/DC)
BV soundcheck: check check go Pack go check Yummy Yummy Yummy (a few lines)
You're Still The One (Shania Twain)
Somebody To Love (Jefferson Airplane?)
Lawyers, Guns and Money (Warren Zevon)
Lights (Journey)
My Best Friend's Girl (Cars)

Set 1:
Hard Day's Night
Bus Stop
Band On The Run
KIAB intros
Lawyers, Guns and Money
Love Grows
Bread/The Joker
The Passenger - Duke lead vocals/guitar
Satisfaction
Lights
Get It On
Daydream Believer (The Monkees)
I Want You To Want Me
Suspicious Minds
You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

Set 2:
Hello There Ladies And Gentlemen (Are You Ready To Rock?) - need to confirm
title
Substitute
Jerry Harrison song with him on keyboard (Jerry was in Talking Heads) - Duke
lead vocals/guitar
Jerry Harrison song with him on lead vocals
Go Your Own Way (false start)
Go Your Own Way
I Saw The Light
Close To You
Jesus Is Just Alright (Doobie Brothers) - BV Vocals/Guitar
Yummy Yummy Yummy - BV Vocals/Guitar
Baby Please Don't Go
Waiting For The Man - Duke lead vocals/guitar
My Best Friend's Girl
Back To Basics
Smoke On The Water
Bad (Freedy Johnston)
American Girl
Cinnamon Girl

Encore:
Keep On A Rockin' Me Baby

Song titles may not be right, haven't had a computer to research with ;P

Original setlist with guitar keys following, arrows to show moved songs,
typos intact:
   -->
 |-|--Ain't seen Nothing -A
 | |  Somebody to Love - F#
 | ---Hard Days Night - G
 | Bus Stop - A-
 | Band On Run
 | Lawyers, Guns - A
 | Love Grows - A
 | Bread/Joker
 | Passenger
 | Satisfaction - E
 | Lights - C
 | Bang a Gong-E
 | Daydream Believe-A
 | I want You to want - A
 | Suspicous minds-G
 | We Got Beat/Sedated
 | American Band
 --->

Hello There - A
Substitue - D
Go Your Own Way - G
I saw the Light-C
Yummy Yummy-G
Dyer Maker- C
Waiting for the Man-D
Best Friends girl-E
Smoke On Water-G
Close To You-C
American Girl-d
Shook Me - G
Cinnimon Girl - D
_Rock & Roll All nite_ (underlined)

There was an arrow drawn from Somebody To Love to underneath Rock & Roll All
nite, but I'm waaaayyy too lazy to draw that!

I remember a bit of D'yer Mak'er but Erik says they didn't play the whole
thing.

Freedy sang a couple of times something like "We are the KIAB" to a song, I'm
thinking We Are The Champions by Queen, but Erik thinks I'm crazy.

For more band names matched to titles see
http://www.garbage.suite.dk/kiab.html

More soon I hope!

--Michele

ShellE Productions: http://www.shellE.org/
Home of PsYcHovixen, Poe documents (including the Poe discography),
Garbage and Poe trading, eXej, 12 Rounds,
and Exploration Z: A Haunted House Of Leaves Alternate Universe