[Trash-talk] KIAB was fun whoo-hoo!

Alan Hoppe achoppe@earthlink.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:35:56 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: <VR5SBloom@aol.com>

> Set 2:
> Hello There Ladies And Gentlemen (Are You Ready To Rock?) - need to
confirm
> title
> Substitute
> Jerry Harrison song with him on keyboard (Jerry was in Talking Heads) -
Duke
> lead vocals/guitar
> Jerry Harrison song with him on lead vocals

OMG - I wonder what that was. Jerry Harrison did a solo album called "The
Red and the Black" while still with Talking Heads. It had one pretty
"hit-like" song on it. By that time, Tom Tom Club had formed (with Chris
Frantz and Tina Weymouth of THs - the husband-and-wife
drummer-and-bass-player of the band) and David Byrne was also doing solo
stuff. So all four members had side projects and performed some of their
stuff live while touring as the THs. I know Jerry did one of his songs from
that album. And then later on when the Talking Heads were reaching their
ending as a band he formed a band called Casual Gods. Or was it Jerry
Harrison Band and their first release was "Casual Gods"? I forget. They did
two albums total, as far as I know, and those 2 had some great tunes on
them. I wonder what he performed. This sounds so cool.

Since all these bands have funky sorts of cross-paths, I am remembering what
a cool tour the "Escape from New York" tour was back in the early 90s (I
think) - it was the Ramones, Debbie Harry, Tom Tom Club, and Jerry Harrison
Band. (so yeah, I guess he called his band that and teh album was Casual
Gods) Unfortunately, one of the people I went with got sick adn we left
during *sniff* Rapture!

Thank you for posting all that exciting KIAB info, Michele - and also that
other thing about Chris Frantz mentioning Shirley. That's the first mention
in the press that I've ever heard about that mentions the
Frantz/Weymouth/Manson studio work together.

xxoo,
Alan