[Introspective] Final results of poll on the best five-song PSB dance set

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Jul 15 22:47:17 PDT 2017

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I
asked my site visitors to select the five Pet Shop Boys songs that they
believe would constitute the most "awesome, kick-ass" dance set. And the
five songs that received the most votes were:

* "Vocal," chosen by 39.2% of the voters,
* "Burn," picked by 35.0%,
* "New York City Boy," chosen by 26.9%,
* "Always on My Mind," selected by 25.5%, and
* "It's a Sin," picked by 20.4%.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar, or click the appropriate
link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the next two weeks is based on the concept of "cognitive
dissonance," which is the discomfort felt by someone when he or she is
forced to confront seemingly contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values. In
short, I'm wondering which Pet Shop Boys album caused you -- or perhaps
*still* causes you -- the greatest cognitive dissonance, or something
like it. To put it another way, which is the most unlike what you would
have expected from them? So please take some time to ponder this and,
when you're ready, make your choice right there on my home page. (And
please note that this time, instead of offering just the studio albums
to choose from, I'm including *every* PSB/Tennant-Lowe album.)

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in my previous survey! And
I hope you all have a wonderful couple of weeks ahead!