[Introspective] Final results of poll on the greatest PSB protest song

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Aug 15 22:03:20 PDT 2015

site visitors to choose what they consider to be the Pet Shop Boys' greatest
protest song. And the track picked by the largest number of voters was:

* "Integral," chosen by 34.5% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is actually a two-parter. First, I'm asking
you to rank the Pet Shop Boys' four (to date) large-scale "special outside
projects" that extend beyond the usual realm of pop music: their stage
musical "Closer to Heaven," their silent film score "Battleship Potemkin,"
their ballet "The Most Incredible Thing," and their (for want of a more
succinct term) orchestral-choral suite/songcycle "A Man from the Future." I
would like for you to rank them 1 to 4, with 1 being the best or your
favorite of the four, and 4 being the weakest or your least favorite. (I
shoulod emphasize that a ranking of 4 doesn't mean you believe that work is
"poor" or that you dislike it; it merely means that you think the others are
better and/or you like the others more.)

The second "bonus" question asks how you feel in general about these special
projects. I'm offering four basic statements, from which you may pick the
one that comes *closest* to expressing your general opinion of them. So
please take a few moments to place your votes right there on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to much to everyone who voted in last week's survey!
And I hope you all have a fantastic week ahead!