[Introspective] Final results of poll on considering their sexuality in discussing their songs

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 21 22:09:31 PDT 2012

site visitors whether they believe considerations of the Pet Shop Boys'
sexuality are relevant to discussions of their songs. And the response that
received the largest number of votes was:

* "I don't consider myself gay, and I don't believe that considerations of
their sexuality are relevant to discussions of their songs," chosen by 30.2%
of the voters.

It's worth noting, however, that while a majority of the voters (58.4%) do
*not* self-identify as "gay," a different majority (57.6%) of the voters,
when both the "gay" and "not gay" votes are combined, also believe that
considerations of the Pet Shop Boys' sexuality *are* relevant to discussions
of their songs. To see the complete, more detailed results, please visit my
"Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past
Survey Results" button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead turns our attention back to the recently
released "Format" collection. And, unusually for my polls, the question is
directed primarily to a subset of my site visitors -- in this case, to those
who weren't already familiar with every single one of the album's tracks
before its release. I'm wondering which of the "Format" tracks proved to be
the most pleasant surprise for you. Now, I can think of two circumstances in
which one of its tracks may have been a surprise:

* You had indeed never heard the track before you listened to "Format," or

* You may have heard the track before, but so rarely and/or so long ago that
you had nearly forgotten it, so hearing it again on the album enabled you to
"rediscover" it.

But if you honestly can't say that any of the tracks proved a "pleasant
surprise," I offer an option to that effect at the end of the list. So
thanks to Mark B for suggesting this most engaging question!

And thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you
all have a delightful week ahead!