[Introspective] Tracey Thorn / King's Cross (Hot Chip remix)

joda at panix.com joda at panix.com
Fri Jan 18 18:37:42 PST 2008

Noone's written about the new remix, by Hot Chip, of Tracey Thorn's cover of King's Cross!  Just went to her MySpace page and found out about it.  Apparently only just showed up on US iTunes this week.  She was on my mind because I just determined that her album Out of the Woods was number 2 in my top 5 for 2007.  (Number 1: Sound of SIlver by LCD Soundsystem.)  The remix gets a little chaotic, as remixes seem to these days, but overall it's nice and synthy.  Her cover was lovley in the first place, and it's pretty cool to now hear such an early PSB track in such a contemporary setting, twenty years on.

-Jonathan