[Introspective] My website's back -- final results posted of second PSB desert island poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 18 08:21:54 PDT 2007

My webhost has restored server service, so I'm back in business! And I've
now posted the final results of my poll this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors how many Pet Shop Boys songs they would want to have if they
were stranded on a desert island and could have only ten songs (by any
artists) with them. And the choice selected by the largest number of voters
was:

* 1, chosen by 22.1% of the voters.

A few people have already expressed to me great surprise that this should
be the plurality choice, but I suspect so many people chose it for exactly
the same reason that I did: we're huge fans of the Pet Shop Boys, but we
also love lots of other music, too, and if we were stranded on a desert
island, we would want as great a variety of music as possible. Speaking
just for myself, PSB is "the first among many."

At any rate, to see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site
at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Survey Results"
button in the left navigation bar.

After a two-week stint on that desert island, I'm ready to leave it behind
for the classroom. For this week's new poll, I'm wondering what letter
grades you would assign to each PSB album when considering them just in
comparison to each other -- not in comparison with other artists' albums.
So, when you're ready, please take a moment to visit my site and make your
selections right there on the home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey -- and put up with the
two "outages" along the way. And I hope you all have a far, far better week
ahead than my website had this past week. ;-)