[Introspective] PSB concert in Prague

Tomas Mosler tomas.mosler at centrum.cz
Fri Aug 11 19:44:09 PDT 2006

It went down quite well. Chris had probably some problem with the
keyboard at the very beginning, chatting briefly with Pete Gleadall.
Apparently something was wrong, but they fixed it quickly (the
performance was not interrupted).

They played the shorter version (no HAD or Before/Numb).

The sound in the first row was somewhat distorted, and the crowd was
screeeeeeeeeaaaming. Thanks to Tanja who kept a place for me in the
first row. I took about 80 photos. I will put up more later (yawn yawn),
I also expect to receive photos from some other fans, but the first
three pieces can be seen here
http://psb-atdeadofnight.net/obrazky/praha2006/fanphoto01.php

I also met some Czech and Russian fans I knew only via net before.

Afterwards, we tried to catch PSB, but without luck. Unlike some others,
who succeeded and got autographs.

It was nice. Neil was enjoying the show. Seeing the live performance, I
appreciated the simple, but impressive beauty of Rent. I mean, of course
I'd known the song for ages, and I'd known it's nice, but now it was
like (re)discovering it again.

T-shirts / caps 700 CZK = approx. 17,5 UKP

A few hours before the concert, Czech Television also (finally -
previously it was postponed and then cancelled) made the interview with
me about PSB.

So it was kind of a big day, really.  Only to get a photograph of me
with them and it would be perfect.

Bye,
Tom

Pet Shop Boys at dead of night