[Introspective] RE: Performance or Discovery?

Kurt Foy Booker the-magician at magick-land.com
Mon Oct 18 00:40:25 PDT 2004

>Not a nitpick at all.  In fact, with the exceptions of It's a Sin
>and Where the Streets Have No Name (I Can't Take My Eyes Off You),
>none of the versions performed were note-for-note album versions.
>They were all quite different, even those that Chris was not
>performing live at a keyboard (eg. I'm Not Scared).  The tour where
>the versions were note-for-note seemed to be Discovery.

I dunno.... I just pulled the tour program I bought at the SF
Warfield on April 27, 1991... and it is labelled Performance.  I
don't have the show on VHS or DVD and have only my fading memories to
go by.... but I recall leaving the show being a bit disappointed that
I heard very little, if anything, to deviate from the album versions.
There may have been small tweaks to the songs... but nothing
significant.

But like I said.... fading memories... and there was so much
excitement and so much to take in at once I wasn't very analytical
that night... :-)

kfb