[Introspective] Re: Introspective Digest, Vol 22, Issue 13

David Dawson davidcdawson74 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 17 19:56:33 PDT 2004

>>I saw it... merely adequate, too much mid-range... and I wanted more
>>remix, extended versions.... everything was a note-for-note album
>>version.  It was the stage show that was brilliant.
>>
>>kfb :-)
>
>Oh, I know.  I saw them at the Orpheum in Boston.  I was about 20 rows
>back, center with a buddy who drove with me three hours to go.  Our minds
>were blown.  I bought everything I could- three shirts, a program, a huge
>poster and we blasted PSB tracks all the way home.
>
>I have to disagree with you slightly about track versions.  If I'm not
>mistaken, "We All Fell Better..." was a remix of some sort and I'm not sure
>that the opener, "This Must Be The Place...", isn't slightly extended,
>opening with that clean bass drum kick and "Everybody, move your body"
>sample as it does.  And "What Have I Done To Deserve This" opens with the
>disco mix sample of the jet plane.  Just a nitpick.

Not a nitpick at all.  In fact, with the exceptions of It's a Sin and Where
the Streets Have No Name (I Can't Take My Eyes Off You), none of the
versions performed were note-for-note album versions.  They were all quite
different, even those that Chris was not performing live at a keyboard (eg.
I'm Not Scared).  The tour where the versions were note-for-note seemed to
be Discovery.

MSN® Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling
get-togethers.
first two months FREE*.