[Introspective] Re: Introspective Digest, Vol 22, Issue 13

Hugh James Sharpe hjs15 at columbia.edu
Sun Oct 17 17:22:00 PDT 2004

On Oct 16, 2004, at 3:01 PM, Kurt Foy Booker
<the-magician at magick-land.com> wrote:

>> To all of these sadly deprived people I say go hence and GET THIS
>> DVD.  No DVD player?  Buy one.  Find a copy of the VHS tape-- it's
>> been out for years, man.  For goodness sake, see this show!
>
> It was even better live...
>
> yes, it was one of the finest examples of a pop music concert, ever.
> every song like a unique music video, with different props, settings
> and costumes... I've put on many musical productions of all kinds
> myself, and it was an inspiration for me...
>
> but I wasn't too pleased with the sound at the Warfield in SF, where
> I saw it... merely adequate, too much mid-range... and I wanted more
> remix, extended versions.... everything was a note-for-note album
> version.  It was the stage show that was brilliant.
>
> kfb :-)

Oh, I know.  I saw them at the Orpheum in Boston.  I was about 20 rows
back, center with a buddy who drove with me three hours to go.  Our
minds were blown.  I bought everything I could- three shirts, a
program, a huge poster and we blasted PSB tracks all the way home.

I have to disagree with you slightly about track versions.  If I'm not
mistaken, "We All Fell Better..." was a remix of some sort and I'm not
sure that the opener, "This Must Be The Place...", isn't slightly
extended, opening with that clean bass drum kick and "Everybody, move
your body" sample as it does.  And "What Have I Done To Deserve This"
opens with the disco mix sample of the jet plane.  Just a nitpick.

-Hugh