[Introspective] Re: Flamboyant video

Visually69 at aol.com Visually69 at aol.com
Fri Mar 12 11:41:16 PST 2004

<<I have enjoyed the videos from Very. Haven't you?>>

I suppose I used to, and still do, somewhat. "Can you forgive her?" is pretty
good, and I think "Liberation" is cute. The other videos from Very are okay,
but I often get turned off by them because of the of the PSB video corn and
cheese factor. By this I mean that many PSB videos that would otherwise be good
are effectively ruined by some thing at some mement that is utterly corney and
cheesey. The earlier PSB videos didn't suffer from this as much because,
while they may not have been all that good, they were basically mainstream music
videos. They may have been conceptually wanting ("So hard" and "Love comes
quickly" are good examples), but often they could be cool, straightforward and
viable music videos (most of the Actually videos, "Domino dancing," and the
Behaviour videos after "So hard").

I loved the Very concept, with the costumes and everything, but the videos
following "Can you forgive her?" were, to me, ruined by various corny and
cheesey bits.

"Go west" by Silvia dressed as the Statue of Liberty, and those corney flying
beach balls. Ugh!

"IWNDTKOT" by little Neil and Chris in diapers, and that dude undressing at
the end.

"Yesterday, when I was made" was ruined becuase it was an Erasure video, not
a PSB one.

"Single-bilingual" tried to be fun, but those jet planes hovering over the
dancers at the end made me cringe.

"A red letter day" was almost home: it was almost a good video, but then we
have an elderly man in a cowboy hat twirling a friggin lasso.

NYCB's fake NY backdrop and cutie boy was too much.

"YOTMYLMWYD" tried so hard to cool that it was just a 3 minute cheesefest.

"Home and dry": nothing needs to be said.

"I get along": this is a poor excuse for a music video hiding behind the name
Bruce Webber.

"Miracles": what is that, a bucket of warm cum splashing those people in the
face?

-Ali