[Introspective] Re: PSB poll "Which video adds the most to the song?"

Visually69 at aol.com Visually69 at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 11:38:35 PST 2004

I think it's funny that, so far, the largest plurality of people are voting
for "Being boring" as the PSB single that most benefits from its video.

To me, "Being boring" is practically the PSB's best song, and of a caliber
that no video could in any way enhance. In other words, of all the PSB songs,
"Being boring" is the least in need of any help from a video, and thus the least
enhanced (or not enhanced at all) by its video.

If anything, "Being boring" seems to be a case where the song actually
benefits the video, rather than the video benefiting the song. My hypothesis, then,
would be that those voting for "Being boring" in this poll are somehow
confusing their love for this excellent song and the fact that it has a fittingly
excellent video with the idea that the video in some way enhances the song.

-Ali (looking forward to the Superbowl)