[Introspective] Miracles--not a chart topper

Remark Communications remark at mac.com
Thu Sep 25 01:25:24 PDT 2003

I agree with Mats on this too...

...But when have the Pets really ever tried to capture the "current
sound"?  Ever since we left the 80's it seems that the PSB have been
doing their own thing.  I certainly believe that if the PSB were to
team up with some other producers we would see a change in their public
perception.  I mean even Justin Timberlake can work with some amazing
hip hop producers and look what he comes up with--stuff that captivates
the public and is definitely different than his N'sync stuff.

I think the PSB have "graduated" from the demands of the public
however--I actually feel like an elitist now as a fan.  I know the
whole "PSB must have hits to make money" argument, but I think the PSB
are at a stage where they need to pursue music for their and their
fans' sake, not for the "charts".

In listening to Miracles now several times, I can honestly say it is
one of my favorite PSB songs of all time (I know that's bold, but it's
true--and all of this off of that 800KB .swf file!  I can't even
IMAGINE the 'full' sound of this track...!).  And tonight I realized
(and I think it was mentioned on Intro earlier in the week) that the
beginning sounds hauntingly like FROZEN by Madonna.  We are talking
direct inspiration here--even to the little congo/drum thingy...bravo
PSB!  Frozen is one of my favorite Madonna songs--the original LP
version of that track is one of her best--so emotional and showcases
her voice so well!!

Also, what is it that is being said right after the second chorus?  it
sounds like Chris is saying something in the middle instrumental bit??
Hmmm...

PLEASE PSB, DON'T F*CK UP THESE REMIXES!!  THIS SONG DEMANDS AN
EMOTIONAL PROGRESSIVE CUTTING EDGE MIX!!   NOT SOME CRAPPY HIGH ENERGY
OR OVERWHELMINGLY DUBBY FODDER!!

Ugh!

<remark, enjoying sunsets that are longer and deeper>