[Introspective] semi-PSB: WinMX file & WMPlayer 9

Andreas Sikkema ramdyne at xs4all.nl
Sun May 4 17:35:53 PDT 2003

Derek B Donnell wrote:

> Also, to some computer video demons out there:
> Why the f**k can't I play so many of the avi's I download?  I also have an
> mpg that won't play (Sunrise by SRed).  I usually use WMPlayer 9, but have
> also tried DivX.  I have also tried downloading new codecs but nothing seems
> to work.  Please help.

I have installed (apart from WMP 9):
- ac3filter
- WMP9 codecs (available as one download from microsoft.com)
- ffdshow

I think ffdshow required a dll to install which I had to download from
somewhere else. ac3filter solved a lot of problems, because I don't
have surround speakers/sound card, but after installing that I had
sound in all videos. The codec problems were resolved by installing
the other two.

--
Andreas Sikkema