[Introspective] Re: Closer to Heaven Cast Recording...blah!

Clifford Hoak cliffhoak at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 14:29:37 PDT 2003

Re:  Don Juan (Disco Mix).  Are you referring to the bit around 4:50 where it has sort of a "skippy" feel to it?  I've just listened to both the track from Further Listening as well as the b-side on the Domino Dancing single and they're identical!  Maybe you just didn't catch this when you initially listened to the Domino Dancing single back in 1998?  Sorry, I won't make any more digs about your belated listening - it's all in good fun.

Cliff

Remark Communications <remark at mac.com> wrote:
Lastly, I was listening to Don Juan (disco mix) today--why do you think
it is that the Domino Dancing single version is different from the
Further Listening version? Why in the world would Neil and Chris add
that "extra" beat in the middle (where it sounds like the CD skips) to
the FL version which now makes it sounds awkward and throws off the
time sequence? So annoying! (Just as annoying as Neil arguing that no
PSB song has ever sampled DM's "Personal Jesus" when it most certainly
has been in the dub of WIWI!!!! )