[Introspective] Re: Closer to Heaven Cast Recording...blah!

Remark Communications remark at mac.com
Wed Jul 2 17:10:18 PDT 2003

Petheads!

> From: Clifford Hoak <cliffhoak at yahoo.com>
> I can't wait to read your review of Release in September 2004.

LOL!  I know, right?  I've had this for like a year or something, and I
even bought it late.

>> And what of this "Out of my System" track?  It could
>> have been a
>> single!  Thankfully the voices are really good on
>> that track!
>
> I totally agree.
> I always dream that Destiny's Child (or other female
> group) could record it.
> It's great. 10 out of 10.
>
> Andrea
>
> You are so right about Out Of My System.  I just love the double
> bass/cello
> sounds!  It rocks my world!
>
> Christina Aguilera (or however it's spelled) would surely get a #1
> with this
> track!
>
> Minge

I TOTALLY AGREE! #1 hit even in AMERICA of all places if this song was
sang by either Destiny's Child or Christina...!  It just goes to show
that the PSB can still churn out tracks that appeal to the current pop
masses.  Now only if they could start writing for those kinds of
artists as opposed to remixing the obscure Atomizer type bands...

Speaking of which, SatelliteRecords.com has the PSB mix of Atomizer for
those who want it.

> It made me realize yet again that PRM
>> really really really needed to be a single!!  If only we could have
>> had
>> some STOMPING remixes to that song.  It's sooooo good.
>
> There are some Almighty remixes floating about.  Do you not have them?

I had them once, but the Almighty mixes sucked to me, and of course I
wanted Neil's voice on the track.  Ah, maybe someday we'll get a
quality mix...

Lastly, I was listening to Don Juan (disco mix) today--why do you think
it is that the Domino Dancing single version is different from the
Further Listening version?  Why in the world would Neil and Chris add
that "extra" beat in the middle (where it sounds like the CD skips) to
the FL version which now makes it sounds awkward and throws off the
time sequence?  So annoying!  (Just as annoying as Neil arguing that no
PSB song has ever sampled DM's "Personal Jesus" when it most certainly
has been in the dub of WIWI!!!! )

<remark, who's been rather wordy lately>