[Introspective] disco3

r o y m i c h a e l t a p p i n g rtapping@btopenworld.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:57:45 -0000

> > Sorry, as far as I knew, it was a German only release and it charted in
> > other countries simply because of it being imported there.  Is that
> > incorrect?
>
> Yes it is incorrect, it was a native release around Europe (Denmark,
Finland,
> Holland, Germany etc.) - it's also a Holland pressing, it doesn't exist as
> German such.

Thanks for that, I didn't know.

> > Nonetheless, London only received a limited release and was not released
in
> > the home country of the artist.  That says a lot to me.  I remember when
Pet
> > Shop Boys had complete autonomy.  Now it seems they have to do what EMI
tell
> > them.  I have no idea what goes on in record companies, the
relationships
> > they have with their artists or the politics involved, but isn't this
rather
> > worrying?  Are Pet Shop Boys about to be dumped by EMI?
>
> But - hello - there's thousands of American artists that gets nothing else
> than a promo-single released in the US and official releases around the
rest
> of the world - of course it still counts as a single to that artist even
though
> the common man can't buy a physical copy of it in the states! - I mean,
the
> person living in Germany that buys the piece of plastic that it's pressed
on
> in the record store would still count it as a single too, wouldn't
he/she??? -
> And don't fear - an artist can easily survive even though the
home-audience
> might care nothing for him/her/them - there's several Swedish artists that
are
> HUGE in Japan, and we've barely heard of them here!

But these Americans you talk of <there's thousands of American artists that
gets nothing else
> than a promo-single released in the US and official releases around the
rest
> of the world> did they used to get singles released in the USA?  Are their
careers still on the up so to speak?  My point is, does this indicate a
trend for Pet Shop Boys?  Will we no longer see singles released by them?
Oh!  I hate being such a pesimist!  Lol!

> /Mats

Minge

xxx