[Introspective] disco3

The Virtual One mats-bjo@dsv.su.se
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:36:20 +0100 (CET)

> But these Americans you talk of <there's thousands of American artists that
> gets nothing else
> > than a promo-single released in the US and official releases around the
> rest
> > of the world> did they used to get singles released in the USA?  Are their
> careers still on the up so to speak?  My point is, does this indicate a
> trend for Pet Shop Boys?  Will we no longer see singles released by them?
> Oh!  I hate being such a pesimist!  Lol!

Ah, don't fear :-) - PSB will probably outlive the most of us ;-) - and about
the single releases - take Madonna as an example, she's def. not on the dole
and one of her bigger hits over here: American Pie did def. not see the day of
light as a commercial single in the US (strangely enough...)

/Mats

                *   Mats Bjorkman,  Spare Time Investigator   *
                                   - - - - -
                               mats-bjo@dsv.su.se
      http://www.dsv.su.se/~mats-bjo and http://www.thepetshopboys.co.uk
                      ICQ: 2881021 / GSM: +46 73 736 5009
                                   - - - - -
             'Because you dance to disco, and you don't like rock'