[Introspective] greatest hits

The Virtual One mats-bjo at dsv.su.se
Sat Aug 16 13:40:33 PDT 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, andrea mastellaro wrote:

> Hi there. This is my idea about the next GH album.
> 1) all the UK #1s are included: WEG, It's A Sin,
> Heart, AOMM.
> 2) singles that went well in US are included:
> Opportunities, What Have I Done...
> 3) no more songs from Please & Actually can be
> included
> 4) only another song from Introspective can be
> included (AOMM is from Introspective): Left To My Own
> Devices
> 5) 1/2 songs from Behaviour: surely Being Boring,
> maybe So Hard
> 6) no more songs from Discography
> 7) from Very: Can You Forgive Her? and Go West
> 8) maybe one song between AbFab, Yesterday... and
> Pan95 can be included. My opinion/hope: Pan95 (not
> Yesterday: too many songs from Very; not AbFab: it's a
> one-off project) Pan95 can be included to promote the
> Alternative album
> 9) from Bilingual: Before and SAVE
> 10) 2 songs from Nightlife: IDK and NYCB. Drunk went
> better in the UK charts only because it was the first
> week of the year. IDK and NYCB are better known songs.
> 11) Home And Dry
>
> I have counted 17 songs. If there is only 1 unreleased
> song in the GH everythings is OK.
> If they want to include 2 unreleased songs, then I
> have to drop 1 song of my list: Opportunities / So
> Hard / Pan95???
>
> The time-limit (76 mins) is not a real problem. Many
> songs can be faded/cut/edited to make them fit into
> the CD time limit.

Actually, the time limit is 82 mins for a pressed CD... - so I cannot see
why everybody's limiting their tracklists to 18 tracks?! - with well done
edits there can easily be 20 tracks.

/Mats

                    *   Mats Bjorkman,  Head of sales!   *
                                   - - - - -
                               mats-bjo at dsv.su.se
      http://www.dsv.su.se/~mats-bjo and http://www.thepetshopboys.co.uk
                      ICQ: 2881021 / GSM: +46 70 730 07 80
                                   - - - - -
             'Because you dance to disco, and you don't like rock'