[Introspective] Re: Re:Scale for the Surverys

Johan johan at private.dk
Mon Apr 21 12:48:01 PDT 2003

To be honest, I think the only thing that is missing is an option for 'rating not applicable' which I would have liked to use on 'Opportunities (Reprise)' which I don't think should have been included in the survey.

Of course, any scale is rather arbitrary, so an 11-point scale like this one is just as good as any other. The essential question is if the number of categories is sufficient for people to express the difference between their evaluation of the songs, and to make sure it is not too large for the division to be possible.

Privately, I am very interested in seeing what the average rating will be when all songs have been included...of course it should be 5 but I am predicting it will be somewhat higher :) Which of course doesn't make much sense...(unless of course the people voting aren't always the same).