[Introspective] Re: Re:Scale for the Surverys

Wayne psbfan at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 20 21:12:28 PDT 2003

I can appreciate your concern about the scale of the survey. I use a 0-10 scale because it allows for 5 to be exactly in the middle (as opposed to 5.5 for a 1-10 scale). The five categories I provided were only a general guideline that I put together for the sake of brevity. I figured voters could "fill in the blanks" appropriately.

It's clear, for instance, that a 3 is better than a 2 and an 8 is better than a 7, without my needing to specify what each and every number from 0 to 10 means. Voters can decide that for themselves. The important thing, in my mind, is that 0 = "one of the worst PSB songs" and 10 = "one of the best."

Thanks for expressing your concerns.

Wayne