[clamassassin-discuss] ./configure fails (version 1.2.0)

Frank Benkstein lists at benkstein.net
Mon Aug 2 10:14:38 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 00:31:14 +0800
James Lick <jlick at drivel.com> wrote:

> Frank Benkstein wrote:
>
> >I just read about clamassassin on the clamav website and wanted to
> >try it but ./configure fails for me. Here the output:
> >
> ><code>
> >checking for rm... /bin/rm
> >checking for cat... /bin/cat
> >checking for tr... /bin/tr
> >checking for sed... /bin/sed
> >checking for formail... /usr/bin/formail
> >checking for mktemp... /bin/mktemp
> >checking for sigtool... /usr/bin/sigtool
> >checking for clamscan... /usr/bin/clamscan
> >checking for clamdscan... /usr/bin/clamdscan
> >checking for /tmp/clamd... yes
> >configure: Using scanner /usr/bin/clamdscan
> >configure: Using virus signature file dir /var/lib/clamav
> >/tmp/clamav-e3d4e90759f627c6
> >/tmp/clamav-afc6a932d0324321
> >configure: Using temporary directory /tmp
> >configure: Subject header rewriting is off.
> >configure: creating ./config.status
> >config.status: creating clamassassin
> >sed: file ./confstat9OAL4e/subs-1.sed line 43: Unterminated `s'
> >command config.status: creating Makefile
> >sed: file ./confstat9OAL4e/subs-1.sed line 43: Unterminated `s'
> >command
> ></code>
>
> Try upgrading ClamAV.  One other person reported similiar problems but
> I haven't been able to get enough info to diagnose it further, but
> your ClamAV 0.70 is a fairly old version.  The documentation for
> clamassassin says it is designed for ClamAV 0.72 and higher.

Yeah, this fixes it. It seems that 0.70 doesn't know about --tempdir.
It is a pretty ugly hack anyways IMO. I looked at the ./configure script
and I found that the offending line is

<code>
SIGLOC=`${CONF_CLAMSCAN} --debug --no-summary --tempdir=/dev/null 2>&1 |
${CONF_SED} -e "/^LibClamAV debug: Loading databases from /!d" -e "s/.*
//"`
</code>

A simple grep -m1 would fix this but I think a better way is writing a
little C program that retrieves the setting from LibClamAV.

Thanks
Frank Benkstein.