[clamassassin-discuss] ./configure fails (version 1.2.0)

Frank Benkstein lists at benkstein.net
Mon Aug 2 08:03:23 PDT 2004

Hi,

I just read about clamassassin on the clamav website and wanted to try
it but ./configure fails for me. Here the output:

<code>
checking for rm... /bin/rm
checking for cat... /bin/cat
checking for tr... /bin/tr
checking for sed... /bin/sed
checking for formail... /usr/bin/formail
checking for mktemp... /bin/mktemp
checking for sigtool... /usr/bin/sigtool
checking for clamscan... /usr/bin/clamscan
checking for clamdscan... /usr/bin/clamdscan
checking for /tmp/clamd... yes
configure: Using scanner /usr/bin/clamdscan
configure: Using virus signature file dir /var/lib/clamav
/tmp/clamav-e3d4e90759f627c6
/tmp/clamav-afc6a932d0324321
configure: Using temporary directory /tmp
configure: Subject header rewriting is off.
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating clamassassin
sed: file ./confstat9OAL4e/subs-1.sed line 43: Unterminated `s' command
config.status: creating Makefile
sed: file ./confstat9OAL4e/subs-1.sed line 43: Unterminated `s' command
</code>

I tricked config.status not to delete subs-1.sed and the offending
line(s) read:

<code>
s, at CONF_SIGLOC@,/var/lib/clamav
/tmp/clamav-434edc3c7bc98769
/tmp/clamav-b882029873fe9815,;t t
</code>

Seems that the line break is not ok. At least for my version of sed. I
end up with both empty Makefile and clamassassin. Some version numbers
if it helps:

GNU sed version 4.0.9
formail v3.22 2001/09/10
ClamAV version 0.70
GNU m4 1.4.1

I tried the older version (1.1.1) and it builds ok. Please say if
you need more info.

Best regards
Frank Benkstein.