[trash-talk] Shirley sighting, Edinburgh

Manson manson26 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 18:35:16 PST 2007

You're so lucky!

  I can honestly say, I have been a Garbage fan from the semi-beginning (97) and I always will be a Garbage fan. I never hated or disliked anything that came out of the band. I loved it all. And I still get chills from Shirley's voice listening to Garbage/Angelfish/GMM on my shuffle. This is a love that I will have til the day that I die.. (lol)

  It kinda does seem like a weird dream, going through my crazy obsession with them when Version 2.0 hit. And while I'm not as ga-ga over them as I was, I'm still devoted buying the magazines, shirts, things on Ebay.

  I can only hope for more music.

Digital Harmony <shell.bryson at dhnewmedia.com> wrote:

Mixed feelings here. I seemed to have lived 3 Garbage life times (a 3rd of my life in reality); from being a casual fan, to meeting my wife because of the band, to working for the band and label. Sometimes it seems only yesterday I was listening to OHWIR for the first time on the bus to work, down in England. Other times, it feels like that was all a weird dream, or it happened to someone else :) It’s strange too, over the last year or two how the core fans have drifted (me included). I’m wondering what it’d be life if the band released more work (not just the Greatest Hits). Ah anyway, just musing here.

And talking of Garbage, we saw Shirley’s younger sister on the bus at the weekend! I had total flash-backs to my first trips to Edinburgh. Kind of forget all the Garbage-fan madness living here :)