[trash-talk] Meeeeeemories

Meg Campbell mara11jade at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 10:57:00 PST 2007

My memories of trash-talk:

I remember I joined about 6 months or so before v2.0 came out and it was
through this list that I made my first on-line purchases (at the time eBay
seemed just as good as buying through a fan mailing list).

I also remember my family telling me I would never get my purchases (7"
Queer and 7" Vow) and that buying things over the Internet was a bad idea.
Well, I got my purchases and both even included some extra promo stickers!
>From that day on, I was convinced how wonderful "Trashers" were.

All of you whom I had a chance to meet were so very nice (Shell actually
bought me my first drink out that anyone had bought me before!  Granted it
was like the 2nd bar I had been in that I was legal at that point in my
life... being an 18 year old from the US and all... but all the same he
bought me a drink and I thought that was AMAZING haha)

Other general memories include switching the list to TCP, trying to agree on
a "fan t-shirt" after we heard how Greenday (I think it was them?) let fans
backstage if they had a special shirt.
All the flame wars with Dukester2 and Krunk... and all the recaps of shows
that trashers had been to the night before and getting to read all the
exciting stories of people meeting the band.

It's been good times.  I'll still lurk on the yahoo group... but I like to
share sometimes!

I believe my beatuifulsims is still working... so outdated... still gets
about 100 hits a day though.  Wish I had known wtf google ad sense was about
5 years ago.

-Meg

(aka ooVOWoo or SilveVow)