[trash-talk] End of an era...

Ian Abbott iabbott at ruiner.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 27 01:54:43 PST 2007

Hi folks,

Shame to see this place go after 11 years... I thought TT would go on
forever :) Still, it looks like we're getting a new home somewhere so
we'll all keep in touch.

A lot's happened in these past 11 years. Back then I was a bored
Chemistry post-grad playing around with this new thing called the
World Wide Web and setting up a G site just for the hell of it. Then
work got in the way of course and the internet cobwebs covered it all
up, ha ha. I've been to way too many Garbage gigs - I lost count
somewhere past 70 - and have met a lot of you along the way (you know
who you are) and it's always been an absolute pleasure. Many of you I
now count as some of my closest friends (again, you know who you are).

Anyway, here's to the rebirth of the list elsewhere, for whenever the
"best of" rears its head, be it this Spring, or more likely next year
at this rate, and for when Ms Shirley Ann unleashes her solo album
(please don't do a Gwen Stefani on us Shirl, please for the love of
music).

See you guys and gals around in whatever the de facto TTv2 list
becomes (or possibly v3, as TT was somewhere else before tcp.com if I
recall correctly!). I've signed up to Bill's Yahoo! one already, so
maybe see you folks there.

Best wishes,
Ian

"Trash-talk is dead, long live trash-talk"