[trash-talk] I guess you can call this Angelfish related

Ian Abbott iabbott at ruiner.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 01:13:27 PST 2007

Oh, and one more thing... The RPM is just a text file containing an
address to the RM file you need. So, when you click a link and it
saves an RPM file either to your desktop (or to a temporary location)
just read it from a shell or a text editor and get the "rtsp://"
address. You can then feed that to a stream dumper (though some
dumpers can 'follow' the link themselves anyway).

Using these techniques there has yet to be a single file on the
Internet that I haven't managed to grab in some way :)

Ian

On 19 Feb 2007, at 9:07 am, Ian Abbott wrote:

> Yep, you can save an RM. That 'mplayer' command I posted basically
> emulates RealPlayer as far as the server is concerned, but instead
> of playing the file, the mplayer 'dumpstream' option just takes the
> RM data it receives and places it in a file sequentially -
> essentially reconstructing (or dumping) the original file on your
> machine.
>
> MPlayer is available on *NIX platforms (e.g. Mac OS X - see
> ffmpegX.com for binaries -  or Linux) though there might be a
> Windows version.
>
> Beyond that, you could probably use a program that does a similar
> task but in the audio stack of your computer. For example, on Mac
> OS X there's a very useful program called Audio Hijack Pro (from
> rogueamoeba.com) which inserts itself into the audio API call-stack
> of a selected OS X application (e.g. RealPlayer) and copies the
> audio to a separate file before passing the data along to where it
> was originally intended (i.e. your speakers). Again, I'm sure
> there's probably a similar app for Windows out there, but as I
> don't go near Windows whatsoever I couldn't really tell you.
>
> Cheers
> Ian
>
> On 19 Feb 2007, at 3:54 am, Manson wrote:
>
>> Well, I would like to say thank you to Rob and Ian for the help.
>>
>> However, I don't know how to save or use an rpm file. And I have
>> no idea what that dumping a file is. I can't save an rm, can I? I
>> have a program that captures and saves everything else. It's those
>> pesky ram, rm files I have yet to conquer.
>>
>> *Grr*

Ian Abbott
x4063