[trash-talk] I guess you can call this Angelfish related

Ian Abbott iabbott at ruiner.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 01:07:14 PST 2007

Yep, you can save an RM. That 'mplayer' command I posted basically
emulates RealPlayer as far as the server is concerned, but instead of
playing the file, the mplayer 'dumpstream' option just takes the RM
data it receives and places it in a file sequentially - essentially
reconstructing (or dumping) the original file on your machine.

MPlayer is available on *NIX platforms (e.g. Mac OS X - see
ffmpegX.com for binaries -  or Linux) though there might be a Windows
version.

Beyond that, you could probably use a program that does a similar
task but in the audio stack of your computer. For example, on Mac OS
X there's a very useful program called Audio Hijack Pro (from
rogueamoeba.com) which inserts itself into the audio API call-stack
of a selected OS X application (e.g. RealPlayer) and copies the audio
to a separate file before passing the data along to where it was
originally intended (i.e. your speakers). Again, I'm sure there's
probably a similar app for Windows out there, but as I don't go near
Windows whatsoever I couldn't really tell you.

Cheers
Ian