[trash-talk] Nashville May 6 - "I Fall to Pieces" Cover

Diana subhuman980 at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 10:52:36 PDT 2005

I drove down to Nashville from Louisville, KY last
night for the show. It was at the Ryman Auditorium,
which was formerly the Grand Ole Opry.  It was
absolutely a great show.  I've seen them live about
6-7 times and I'm not sure Shirley's voice has ever
sounded better.

Here's a rough setlist.  I'm not sure about the order,
but I believe I've covered everything that was played.

Queer
Bad Boyfriend
Supervixen
Sex Is Not the Enemy
Stupid Girl
When I grow up
Bleed Like Me
I think I'm Paranoid
Why Do You Love Me
Stupid Girl
Hammering In My Head
Push it
Vow
Only Happy When It Rains

Encore:
Metal Heart
Patsy Cline's "I Fall To Pieces" - Shirley said the
band wanted to do a country song while they were in
Nashville at the Grand Ole Opry and hoped the crowd
would humor them.  It was great.  Hopefully, someone
got a recording?  When the song ended, Shirley told
the crowd she was covered in goose bumps.  She said it
reminded her of when she was a little girl singing
along with Patsy Cline records with her Mum.  She also
said that she had told her non-sentimental father that
they were playing the Grand Ole Opry on the phone
earlier in the day and that he had cried.

I'd love to know if someone got a recording.
Although, the crowd was surprising small (I couldn't
believe how many empty seats there were) so I think it
may be unlikely.

They finished up the show with Right Between the Eyes.

-Diana

--- "Rob @ the Garbage Discography"