[Trash-talk] hmm

wilson king garbagebase at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 11:59:56 PST 2005

Maybe you just weren't paying attention.  There were bits and pieces of
this information right here on this list over the last year or so. We
had a discussion a while back about the band almost breaking up...

--- matt <ifeelintoxicated at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, after re-reading the message I sent, and reading
> some of your replies (ouch), I realize that I didn't
> convey my point as eloquently as I would have liked.
>
> I in no way meant to imply that Shirley should have
> told us all about her troubled marriage in her studio
> diary.  All I meant by (mistakenly, I now realize)
> coupling those 2 events together (the other being
> Butch's temporary departure), was this: that my
> favorite band had come so close to breaking up, and
> then didn't say anything about it for a year and a
> half.  Although everything worked out in the end, and
> I'm very grateful for that, I think it would have been
> nice to know something a little earlier.  If that
> makes me some obsessed fan/stalker, then fine.  I know
> I'm not the only one who was caught off-guard by that
> information coming now.

"The greatest price of refusing to participate in politics is being governed by your inferiors."

 - Plato, The Republic